The fact is though that I'm just not going to be happy with my hobby if I can't continue to explore wherever I wish. This means that I'm likely never going to be some great expert on any one aspect of the gaming hobby, but I'm ok with that.
At the same time however if I don't control how I spend my time I'm just going to be continually bouncing around and not being terribly efficient. Efficiency isn't the most important thing, but I do have to try to keep it in mind. To that end I started thinking the past few days about how I'm going to get things under some kind of semblance of order and control. Really the only option is the ubiquitous goals list. While I was coming up with my goals in my head it reminded me that, HEY, I have a gaming blog. I've put my gaming goals there before, why not do it again?
So without further ado, here are my goals for the coming year. They are many. They will not all be accomplished. But it's a start.
General Hobby Stuff
- Clean up my workbench
- Get my new game table mats cut to size
- Organize my terrain and make a list of what I need to build
- Clean up my "junk" pile
- Get in at least one board game and one table top miniature game a week with my son Jackson
- More solo gaming to fill the void
- Work with Jason to build a BGG guild for the Lodge group
- Work with George to build a BGG guild for Ancient Wonders
- Participate in Glen's Traveler and Pathfinder games.
- Run at least three small adventures in WFRP 3rd edition this year.
- Keep up with WFRP 3rd ed. releases.
Warhammer Fantasy Battle
- Finish basing my Nurgle Warriors of Chaos, get them primed and start painting.
- Finish building my Tomb Kings, High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarves & Skaven.
- Start building my Ogres
- Finish painting my Tomb Kings and Lizard Men
The Face of Battle
- Base, prime and begin painting my WWII Americans & Germans and also my Vietnam Americans and Vietcong/NVA
- Start organizing my LOTR figs for HOTT lists.
- Figure out whether I'm going to keep the LOTR figs on their round bases and build HOTT bases to accommodate them or base them directly on HOTT bases.
- Finish painting the Spartans (II/5a) for Eric
- Get a couple more of the in-queue armies I have based up
- Rework my Imperial Guard list and figure out what to do with all the Chimeras I have
- Finish building my Eldar
- Fix broken Tau figs
- Rework my Orks, finish building them.
- Build Malechi's US & EU Infection Express variants.
- Build both Ilya 77's & Tears of Envy' Dune Express variants.
- Build Koryo's 18AL variant.
- Build Skirmish Wars: Advanced Tactics game
- Build Dathkadan's Merchant of Venus remake.
- Build Karim's Magic Realm remake.
- Get at least one play in this year for each game I own.
- Track my plays on BGG in depth.
- Rate and comment on every game in my collection.
- Add at least one game from my wishlist to my collection each month.
- Make it to board game night at Ancient Wonders at least once a month.
- Miss no Lodge gaming nights.